Sunday 9 October 2011

A.Genius Returns

Dear world.
To say I've been away for a while would be an understatement.
I've more than neglected my blogging responsibilities, which i deeply apologize for...
I managed to suck up my pride and return to what fuels my nerdy sense of imaginiation thanks to a little help from my Aunt & Mother.

I thought there is no better way to return to you all than with hot gossip from what is probably my favourite event of the year, The MOBO Awards.

MOBO 2011

No-one will understand the somersault my face performed when I unsuspectingly 
walked into the VIP hotel's lobby with pink curlers all over my head....
It wasn't the hair accesories that was the problem,
it was more the fact that there was multiple celebrities and industry proffesionals,
mosying around the lobby bearing witness to the assorted candyfloss on my head.
The strange thing was I wasn't ashamed in the slightest, 
I was more disgusted at myself for not being ashamed, 
if that is actually possible ?!
Until a photographer from Loose Women 'papped' my mother and I... 
and then all was forgotten about my dilema, 
however I can see these photos creeping back to haunt me or my kids in later years. 

The night continued in top form, 
my uncle @BOBBYBOVELL was nominated but unfortunately just missed 
out on the Best Gospel category....
I then reassured him that his swag wasn't compact enough to fit into the category 
without pushing all the other nominees aside, and that his time will soon come...
Because it's never to soon for jokes.

Proceeding the awards I attended the Vip After Party with my uncle.
I met so many lovely people who were all down to earth and friendly, 
memories that I will never forget 
(that last line sounds like I'm going to break into song)

Myself and Preeya Kalidas

Myself and Vis

.... However ....
What I am about to lay down on this screen for you is a moment too epic
that even a Aspiring Genius such as myself couldnt comprehend the 
intensity of what had just happened...

The time: A wintery wednesday night,
The place: The Corinthian Club - Scotland,
The mood: Fabulous with a hint of swag.... 

I'm sitting down doing a little 'chair bubbling' enjoying the music,
Dappy ...yes Dino Contostavlos from NDubz enters the club. 
Everyones doing some sort of side eye manover trying not to be too bait 
about checking out the celebrity that just entered the room in a gorgeous
electric blue suit that only he could pull off with a matching Obey Snapback. 

Dappy and his entourage are now standing directly in front of me, 
with their backs towards me.... until, Dappy 
(or Daps as I should now call him) 
turns around smiles at me, stretches out his hand towards me for mine, 
grabs my hand and says ''You alright darling'', 
gives me a cheeky little smile (He also smized at me)
,turns around and dissapears off with his henchmen. 

Well everyones now wondering who the hell I am for him to physically acknowledge me,
I was wondering myself but I wasn't going to let them know that. 
If I wasn't so busy maintaining my celebrity status I would've legged it for my inhalor, 
but I probably could've had someone bring it over for me. I wish. 

The event as a whole was such a good night, 
very different to Liverpool cause Scouseland did it BIG last year 
but it was still quite sick... 
So the next day, I'm standing in the hotel lobby waiting on the lift, 
and along it comes, 
the doors open and who else but Tinchy Stryder swaggers out. 
Picture this, we maintain eye conact throughout the lift exchange,
he then points at my hoodie and says 
''YMCMB Young Money Cash Money Billionares, Sickkk'' 
and I reply with 
''Yeah it is init haha''

The lift doors then shut and i found myself alone sitting on the lift floor 
hypenventilating wondering where on earth was my assistant/henchman with my Inhalor ?

Still Aspiring
 

No comments: