Saturday 6 November 2010

Aspiring Adults

Throughout most peoples childhood there would have been that one
banging song that was so sick, 
but totally inappropriate for a 7year old to sing along to. 

Personally I loved R.Kelly - Ignition 
...
 Lyrics:
Now its like murder she wrote
Once i get you out them clothes
Privacy is on the door
Still they can hear you screaming more
Girl I'm feeling what you feeling
No more hoping and wishing
I'm about to take my key and
Stick it in the ignition
 ... 
Its only when the song came on MtvBase today, that I actually burst into a fit of 
hysteria thinking about me and my cousins singing 
the song word for word when our parents weren't listening, 
winding out our necks and fully immersing ourselves in the remix.
At the time I didn't think anything was wrong with it, 
I was obviously completely innocent to the meaning of the song,
and that's how I should have been ! 
In all fairness the songs back then have nothing on the ones now ...
For instance Lil Jon's song Get Low is so terrible I wouldn't even sing it myself, 
let alone a small child singing it with passion and conviction ..
.. Check the Lyrics:
To the window, to the wall, (to dat wall)
To the sweat drip down my balls (MY BALLS)
..
(The rest of the lyrics are far too inappropriate for my younger readers
and may cause the older ones to have a heart attack) 
Having said that, my 6yr old sister and I do sing the whole 'sweat dripping' 
phrase to just wind my mum up.
...
One of my most favorite songs ever is called 'Call Me' by Skyy
I guess there were little kids back in the day screaming this in front of their radios 
to the disappointment of their mothers ! 
 

'Though your girlfriends a friend of mine, here's my number and a dime call me anytime''
Still Aspiring




No comments: